Friday 19 July 2013

How I Met the Love of my Life!

I briefly mentioned in my previous post (a definite must read!) that I have recently got married! :) I have been very fortunate to have met the love of my life and the perfect man for me so early on in life :) There was just no point waiting as we knew we were meant to be together for the rest of our lives! And so here is our sweet little love story...

I met Sam at school when I was 14 years old, just after moving to Cheltenham from London. We connected through our mutual friends and our love for the band Green Day! (still a guilty pleasure of mine :P) We became fairly good acquaintances but only really became friends when he joined the youth group run by my family every Friday night! By year 10 we had become good friends, and we were both involved in leading the youth group and playing the the youth band. At this point I knew the only option for me personally was to remain friends, as I didn't want to get involved in a relationship until I was a bit older and could handle a real commitment - I was never interested in the whole dating for 3 months... But Sam had made it clear a few times that he was wanting a bit more than friends!



Although I kept insisting we stay friends and see where that may take us one day, I was even at this stage completely in love with him! Although I would never let him or anyone for that matter know :P So we remained good friends all through school and then it came time to part ways for College.

Although we didn't spend quite as much time together during the first year of college, I still saw him every week at our youth group, which was now evolving into a weekly church service. I started to feel that maybe it wasn't meant to be, as he had been seeing other people for quite some time and we seemed to be going our separate ways. I knew from the start that it was very unlikely we would end up together, but a girl can dream right?

As a surprising turn, we started to see each other more and more as the church service started evolving and the youth group was flourishing. We were both very involved in your newly planted church and our friendship in turn grew stronger :) It was 2009 when I received a message from Sam out of the blue, making it very clear that he still wanted to be more than friends! I can remember my heart pounding and I really felt that this would be my last chance with him, but I was still not 100% sure it was the right time! So I suggested we wait until I turned 18. Which was only a couple of months away.. A very long couple of months! We spent a lot of the summer holidays together, seeing each other pretty much everyday. Although I hadn't yet given him the 'yes' he was looking for, I could feel our relationship changing. I remember Sam would keep asking me every day, trying to get me to change my mind, it was an interesting little game for a while, until again I felt like I really don't want to loose him! So at last I gave in, on the 31st July 2009, only 2 months before my 18th birthday, almost exactly 4 years ago!



So that's the story of how we met and how we started our beautiful relationship! I don't think I should write any more, but will share next week what comes next!

Would love to hear your romantic stories! This is such a precious time on your life, so worth capturing!
I am developing my couple's photography packages, so if you would like to get in early for a hugely discounted price, please get in contact! And enjoy these gorgeous couples photos... :)

Have a beautiful day, and a wonderful weekend!







Subscribe to Posts by Email

Enter Email:






Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter


No comments:

Post a Comment