Friday 12 July 2013

A Little Bit About Me and My Blog

This last week my blog has gone through some changes! After neglecting it for a bit too long I decided I need to make it one of my weekly priorities! So I have decided to post 3 times a week, about 3 subjects :)

First Subject is Life in the Photography Business, and these posts will be all about what is happening in the business week by week :) It may be just an update on what's happening, something I have learnt in the photography business or I might do a 'how to' or teach a little bit about photography!

Second Subject is Photography by Lorah Kelly. This is what is says, photography by Lorah Kelly! As well as sharing my photos, I like to tell the story with them! :)

The final section is Life as Lorah Kelly, which are my personal posts! I would like everyone to know the person behind the camera :) So this is what I'm going to write about today...


My name is Lorah-Kelly :) a beautiful name kindly given to me by my very creative mother! I am very thankful for this name - as weird as it sounds! :) I am 21 years old and recently married to the man of my dreams! We have a rather sweet story I think, but perhaps I will share that with you another time! All that matters is that I found the man for me very early in life, and decided I had better not waste any time in starting my life with him - so we got married 4 months ago and we have a beautiful life together :)

I am also following my dreams of working for myself doing something I love! I started photography as a hobby about 3 years ago after leaving college and not having a clue what I was to do with my life.. How I found photography is another lovely story that I might share with you another time :) I started as a hobby and started doing jobs for friends and family - earning pocket money! I was working part time as a sales assistant and absolutely hated it, I dreamed of being a successful photographer and taking photos full time. So decided to pursue that, and so here I am today! Still a long way to go to achieve my dream, but I can see it getting closer every day :) I am loving the journey I am on and I am excited about my future!

I have loved weddings since I was a child, designing wedding dresses and making them for my Barbie dolls! (I still have one of them, can never throw it away!) I thought of being a wedding dress designer at many points in life, even did my final project at college based on wedding dress design. I then lost that dream for a while whilst pursuing photography, but have found my love for weddings again through wedding photography! I also work one day a week as a seamstress at a beautiful wedding shop surrounded with beautiful antique and vintage dresses!

I have always been creative, and I'm thankful that my parents have always encouraged me to be creative. I love that I have opportunities to be creative in every area of my life! As well as being a photographer and a seamstress, I am also a pastor! But not just any paster, I have the role of Creative Pastor together with my husband in our church. How awesome is that?! We oversee the creative aspects of church together including Music, Media and Production. I am a singer and worship leader, and have even taught some beginner singing students :)

I think that should be enough to take in for one day! I hope you have enjoyed this brief insight into my very extraordinary life!
Hope you have a beautiful weekend! 





Subscribe to Posts by Email

Enter Email:



Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter


No comments:

Post a Comment